Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Romney Clarifies His "Firing" Remark

Ratsbane, NH. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has been taking fire from both Democrats and fellow GOP candidates over his recent comment about firing people. Said Mr Romney to a large, slack-mouthed crowd in New Hampshire:

“I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. If someone doesn’t give me the good service I need, I’m going to go get somebody else to provide that service to me.”

Since making this statement, a dozen negative ads have cropped up replaying Mr. Romney's voice repeating "I like being able to fire people."  Romney's campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, has been working feverishly to douse the fire, and today Mr. Romney spoke to John King on CNN about the faux pas.

"John, this has been blown all out of proportion. Ha ha ha. I'm a job creator. I've created thousands of jobs. Ha ha ha. What I was talking about was my childhood. When I was a boy, my father used to allow us to celebrate our birthdays and special holidays by firing people...out of a cannon. Ha ha ha. We usually picked some of the grounds staff, stable help or the older upstairs maids. I can tell you as a child this was a lot of fun. Several years later we actually set up a net to catch them in. Ha ha ha."

Meanwhile, another inter-party tiff broke out when Mitt Romney's flannel shirt called Rick Santorum's sweater vest a pussy.

©2012 Kona Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment