Monday, January 16, 2012

Romney Honors MLK with Blackface

Burning Cross, SC. This morning GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney raised eyebrows when he appeared on Fox & Friends in blackface makeup. Said the former governor, "I just want to show African-Americans that I understand their issues and am sympathetic. You know, my father marched with Martin Luther King, but in a different location and at a different time. And I no longer believe that black people are the accursed seed of Cain.

"So tonight before the debate, my family will have our traditional MLK dinner, consisting of ham hock, black-eyed peas, fried okra, hushpuppies, sweet potato pie and a really nice '96 Chateau Latour."

Ben Jealous, president of the NAACP, responded this afternoon by saying that he appreciated Mr Romney's effort, but that the big painted white lips were a bit much.

"He should lose the banjo, too."

©2012 Kona Lowell

2 comments: