Monday, October 10, 2011

The Return of Joe the Plumber

Drayno, Ohio. Today Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher filed the necessary papers with the FEC to run for the seat now held by Marcy Kaptur in Ohio's 9th district. Wurzelbacher, who gained notoriety during the McCain campaign as "Joe the Plumber," will likely run as a Tea Party candidate.

"I think it's time we had a little more honesty and less phoniness in politics," said Wurzelbacher, who is neither a plumber nor named Joe. "And it's also time we had more people who have no idea how government works or what the issues are making dire decisions that affect the very lives of our citizens. I'm ready to do my part. What I did for the McCain campaign, I want to do for my country."

Asked if he could fix a leak in the press bathroom, Mr Wurzelbacher declined, saying he did not feel qualified to do that.

© 2011 Kona Lowell 

No comments:

Post a Comment